22.6.09

Vanilla Milkshake Pop-Tarts

Brand: Kellog's
Source: Wegman's

It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that my mind went to Pop-Tarts quite soon after started making plans for this blog...in part because my mind tends toward Pop-Tarts at least a few times a day. I remember having my first Pop-Tart back when I was eight years old: strawberry with no icing, heated up in a toaster at my Aunt Polly's apartment in Boston. It has all been downhill since then, much to the dismay of my friends and family whose palates are less tolerant of sweets than my own. :)


But I digress. On to the project at hand: Vanilla Milkshake Pop-Tarts.



As much as I love Pop-Tarts, I'm a little hesitant to try new flavors. That being said, the Hot Fudge Sundae flavor that came out a few years ago has surpassed my old standby of Brown Sugar and Cinnamon in terms of the frequency with which I buy them. So, I thought, why not give the new Vanilla Milkshake flavor a go?


It meets my basic Pop-Tart criteria (chocolaty rather than fruity, and iced rather than plain). Clearly, the jimmies aren't as plentiful as advertised on the box, but this would be forgivable if the Pop-Tarts tasted good. It seems to be the same icing that's on the Hot Fudge Sundae variety, but it doesn't work as well on the vanilla cookie as it does on the chocolate; it tastes almost like Saccharin. The filling reminded me of the Cookies and Cream variety, but again, it does not work as well with the vanilla cookie.


Overall, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll buy these again, given all of the other yummy Pop-Tart choices out there.

Rating: C

Rating System:
A - Pick it up today!
B - Worth a try - Will likely purchase again
C - Interesting but won't likely purchase again
D - Somewhat regrettable purchase
F - FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment